False eyelashes, also known as strip lashes, are a popular way to add extra length and volume to your natural lashes. But with all the glue and tugging involved in applying them, you may be wondering if strip lashes can damage your natural eyelashes. The answer is strip lashes can cause damage to your natural eyelashes if not applied and removed properly, however on the whole strip lashes are a safe option that will not damage your lashes. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what you can do to prevent keep your natural lashes healthy and apply your strip lashes correctly.
What Causes Damage?
The main cause of damage from strip lashes is improper application and removal. If the glue used to apply the false lashes is too strong or not applied properly, it can pull out some of your natural eyelashes when you remove the false ones.
How to Prevent Damage
The best way to prevent damage from strip lashes is to make sure that they are applied and removed correctly. When applying the false lashes, use a gentle adhesive that won’t be too strong for your natural eyelashes. We recommend Duo Lash Glue. Make sure that you apply the glue evenly along the lash band and applying just above the lash line so that it won’t pull on any individual hairs when you remove them. When removing the false lashes, pull the band gently and use an oil based remover to remove any reminisce of the glue.
Tips for Healthy Lashes
- In addition to being careful when applying and removing strip lashes, there are some other tips you can follow to keep your natural eyelashes healthy:
- Avoid using waterproof mascara as much as possible since it can be difficult to remove without pulling out some of your natural hairs.
- Use a lash serum or conditioner regularly to keep them moisturised and healthy-looking.
- Don’t rub or tug at your eyes when removing makeup as this can cause breakage in the delicate hairs around them.
- Try not to wear false eyelashes too often as this can put extra strain on your natural ones over time.
Strip lashes can be a great way to add length and volume to your look. Be sure that you apply them correctly with a gentle adhesive and remove old glue with an oil-based remover in order to minimise any potential damage to your natural lashes. Additionally, If you have any queries or concerns about our lashes, please contact us.